Sunday, July 20, 2014

Ellis County Quilt Show - Midlothian, Texas

I have discovered the secret for actually completing a quilt for myself...enter it in a show!  Turns out a hard commitment is the only thing that will prevent me from putting other quilts in front of mine, indefinitely (yikes!).  I enter shows for fun, not for ribbons.  Sure was a pleasant surprise to get one though!!  Here are my two entries.  My scrappy Lone Star did not place, but sure did look pretty hanging up completed!

I was playing around with a tumbler shape and thought, "Hey, that looks like a lava lamp!"

So here is what I came up with, "Lava Love."  The light gray is quilted with Meandering Boxes, Custom Line Work in the dark gray, and some lava bubbles in the lamps.  I was, as you can tell by my ridiculous face in the photo, just a LITTLE excited to find a 3rd place ribbon on my baby!


And another bonus, one of the quilts I quilted won 1st place!  Way to go, Janet!!  It was an honor to have quilted it for you.


Here is her little beauty right after I finished it.



Having trouble completing a project?  Enter a show!  I'm not going to pretend I didn't finish stitching up one of my quilts in the parking lot of the convention center before I took it in, procrastination at its finest!  Find a show and get quilting.  Have fun!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment